"Driving innovation: Mechanistic modelling in immuno-oncology"
Tumour Models London, 3 Dec 2019
11. Fundamental Guide to Leveraging In Silico Models to Improve Predictability and Understand Applications in Cancer Immunotherapy Drug Discoveries (3-hour pre-conference workshop), the 5th Tumour Models London Summit (Hanson Wade), Hilton London Olympia Hotel, London (12/2016) PDF
• Recognise the importance of translation
• Xenograft model: Characterisation, translation, evaluation
• Syngeneic model: Characterisation, translation
• Patient population: Characterisation, translation
Lecture 1. Challenges and considerations
• Data reproducibility
• What are the robust assays in immuno-oncology?
Lecture 2. Modelling Examples
• Combination therapy in cell-directed targeted therapy
• An immuno-oncology modelling framework for combination therapy
Case study: Predict and optimise in vivo efficacy of MEK inhibitor Selumetinib-Docetaxel combination treatment with cell cycle-based model
Case study: Modelling synergism between checkpoint inhibitors (aCTLA-4, aPD-1) and radiation therapy in preclinical tumour models
Group exercise: Delivering value - How to collaborate with a modeller?
• Where does modelling add value?
• A checklist to maximise value